Dona Ana County
Upland Sandpiper (Bartramia longicauda) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 20, 2023 07:15 by Benjamin Guo
- West Mesa WTP, Las Cruces, Dona Ana, New Mexico
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=32.2581858,-106.9098222&ll=32.2581858,-106.9098222
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S147690331
- Comments: "Unexpected, pretty weird location. Heard giving diagnostic bubbly calls. Audio"
Least Bittern (Ixobrychus exilis) (1)
- Reported Aug 22, 2023 07:39 by Ron Bussian
- Mesilla Valley Bosque SP, Dona Ana, New Mexico
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=32.2525151,-106.8224716&ll=32.2525151,-106.8224716
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S147857527
- Comments: "In the right habitat, but nonetheless a nice surprise. Good views for about 10 minutes.Unmistakable with grey crown, long neck with tawny neck stripes. Large Buffy wing patches surrounded almost entirely by black. Broad white malar, yellowish green legs."
8-25-2023 Wayne and I saw this Eastern Kingbird at MVBSP this morning. It was at the river's edge at the point where the trail ends at the river with the bench underneath the big Cottonwood. C J
Painted Bunting (Passerina ciris) (1)
- Reported Aug 05, 2023 12:22 by Jorden Scott
- 900–998 16 Springs Canyon Rd, Cloudcroft US-NM 32.98692, -105.52085, Otero, New Mexico
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=32.986917,-105.520847&ll=32.986917,-105.520847
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S146519950
- Comments: "Called in and viewed with binoculars. Was male and showed the bright red,green, and blue coloring. Viewed multiple times before logging to make sure."
Tricolored Heron (Egretta tricolor) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Aug 17, 2023 11:17 by Sharon Fullingim
- Bosque del Apache NWR--Seasonal Tour Road (closed Oct. 1 - Mar. 31), Socorro, New Mexico
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=33.8071442,-106.8775535&ll=33.8071442,-106.8775535
- Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S147480585
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Adult non breeding, white belly dark breast and back. Out in east drainage ditch. Spotted by Dan earlier today. Photos."